Our Real Estate Group is engaged in all areas of real estate law, including acquisition of multifamily and commercial properties, structuring and drafting joint ventures, negotiating loan documents with lenders, as well working on development and construction projects of all types. The group advises real estate investment companies, entrepreneurs and development companies, industrial companies, franchisees of national infrastructure projects, local and international private clients, and various other companies requiring legal advice on real estate issues.
- Represented Gaia Real Estate Holdings in connection with a $22.5 million investment of new equity to acquire and recapitalize PJ Finance Company, which filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in March 2011 and reemerged as a going concern on May 11, 2012. Gaia Real Estate partnered with Starwood Capital, a leading global private investment firm, to complete the acquisition.
- Represented Gaia Real Estate Investments, in conjunction with its partner Grand China Fund, in the acquisition of Whispering Winds, a 286-unit apartment community located in Pearland, a desirable suburb of Houston, Texas.
- Represented Gaia Real Estate Investments, in conjunction with its partners Phoenix Insurance and Menora Mivtachim Insurance, in the acquisition of 200 Plaza Drive, a fully-leased, large, recently renovated office building in Secaucus, N.J. owned by Hartz Mountain Industries.
- Represented Gaia Real Estate Holdings in the acquisition of the Winchester Park and Winchester Wood multifamily assets from Equity Residential for $56.1 million. The 478-unit portfolio totals 790,787 square feet and consist of 79 buildings.
- Represents a real estate developer in the acquisition of 160,000-square-foot development site in New York City. Current zoning may allow for 350,000+ buildable square feet of residential space and in excess of 450,000 square feet of commercial space.
- Represented a real estate developer in the acquisition of land in New York City, which will be used for the construction of 400 residential units and retail stores.
- Recently concluded the purchase of 30,000 square feet land available for construction in the center of Warsaw.
- Represented a local developer in the acquisition of a development site for approximately $20,000,000, for the construction of residential towers, retail complexes and hotels.
- Presently involved in the sale process of Blue City, Poland’s first mega mall in Warsaw. The proceeds from the sale are expected to be approximately $600 million.