Our Corporate Group advises on global financial and commercial transactions, corporate and securities laws, regulatory matters and legal issues on behalf of corporate clients, broker-dealers, placement agents and investors. The group has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, securities offerings and SEC reporting, commercial and corporate finance transactions, hi-tech and venture capital investments, joint ventures, formation of private investment funds and general corporate representation.
- Currently acting as issuer counsel for a portfolio company of a joint venture of The Blackstone Group and Cerberus in a $150 million underwritten NYSE IPO of a Master Limited Partnership.
- Represented State Class Tankers II LLC as a borrower in Secured Term Facility in the aggregate principal amount of $365,000,000.
- Represented American Petroleum Tankers LLC (“APT”), the owner and operator of petroleum tankers, in connection with (i) $280 million new senior secured credit facility, (ii) using proceeds from credit facility to redeem APT’s existing first priority senior secured notes and (iii) converting $468 million of outstanding obligations under APT’s second lien credit facility into equity interests of APT’s parent entity.
- Represented Sigma Capital Partners in connection with financing of Convertible Term Loan and Line of Credit to BlackStratus (formerly known as NetForensics).
- Represented Sigma Capital Partners in connection with a convertible loan with Medivision Medical Imaging Ltd., and its wholly owned subsidiary, MTL Print Ltd.
- Represented Ora Media, an on-demand television network owned by companies controlled by Carlos Slim, in an acquisition and licensing of assets of Stick Figure Productions, a film production studio.
- Represented a sponsor of an investment vehicle in connection with a transaction involving the investment by US investors into a Series C Round in BriefCam.
- Represented an affiliate of Island Capital, in a transaction involving their exit from their NAI Global, real estate brokerage joint venture.
- Represented Excellence Nessuah Brokerage in US aspects of an international loan transaction focusing on perfecting of US lien on collateral.
- Represented Harel Finance in connection with questions related to US securities laws and related matters.
- Represented a biotech and managed care executive in negotiating and executing agreements with respect to serving on the boards of two private equity portfolio companies.
- Advising a high net worth individual with the restructuring of his investment portfolio in different parts of the world, including New York, Florida, London, the Philippines and Tel Aviv.
- Represented an Israeli client in connection with negotiating the formation of a joint venture for the manufacturing of off-road cars with one of the leading families in India.
- Represented SuperCom Inc. and SuperCom Ltd., a global leading provider of advanced safety, identification, and security products and solutions to governments and private organizations, in the acquisition of Leaders In Community Alternatives Inc., California’s leading provider of electronic monitoring and program services.
- Represented SuperCom Inc. and SuperCom Ltd., a global leading provider of advanced safety, identification, and security products and solutions to governments and private organizations, in the acquisition of the assets of Powa Technologies Limited, a private limited company incorporated in England & Wales.
- Represented R2Net Inc., one of the two largest diamond and bridal jewelry e-commerce platforms in the U.S., in a $25 million growth funding from Israel Growth Partners (IGP).
- Represented Gaia Real Estate Investment LLC in an acquisition of a portfolio of real estate properties comprises 1,214 apartment units in Stamford, CT.
- Represented Sociocast Networks, LLC, a company developing data analysis and e-marketing solutions as well as actionable social intelligence for web and mobile platforms, in its acquisition by AOL Advertising Inc., a provider of online advertising tools to advertisers, agencies, and publishers.
- Represented Mr. Christopher Burch, the CEO of Burch Creative Capital, a firm based in New York City which manages venture investments, and Hudson Clean Energy Partners, a NJ-based private equity firm in the restructuring of Powermat Technologies Ltd., a developer of wireless charging solutions for mobile devices.
Attorneys in our Corporate Group: