Experience and Background
Alon Harnoy is the Managing Partner of Shiboleth LLP and is the practice group leader of the firm’s Corporate Practice Group. Alon has extensive experience in domestic and international transactions across a wide range of industries, and his practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, securities and corporate finance, capital markets, private fund formation and fund compliance, as well as general corporate and commercial matters.
Alon has a distinguished professional legal career spanning over twenty years, including experience at the firms of Skadden Arps and Schulte Roth in New York, and Fried Frank in London. Alon has also served as Chief Executive Officer and General Counsel of a leading European music download site headquartered in London. Alon’s clients include private equity firms, hedge funds, venture capital funds, financial institutions, international companies, start ups and private investors.
Alon was recently selected as a Top Rated International Attorney and New York Metro Super Lawyer for 2016. Each year no more than 5 percent of lawyers in the state are named to Super Lawyers.
- Representation of a Blackstone portfolio company that will invest in greenfield and operating global water infrastructure opportunities. Representation includes working on the formation of a joint venture with a petroleum company in Mexico and drafting the joint venture agreement, water services agreement, and related documents.
- Represented an affiliate of The Blackstone Group and Cerberus in connection with the sale of American Petroleum Tankers LLC and State Class Tankers LLC to Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, L.P. (NYSE: KMP) for an aggregate amount of $962,000,000.
- Represented American Petroleum Tankers LLC (“APT”), the owner and operator of petroleum tankers, in connection with (i) a $280,000,000 new senior secured credit facility, (ii) using proceeds from the credit facility to redeem APT’s existing first priority senior secured notes, and (iii) converting $468,000,000 of outstanding obligations under APT’s second lien credit facility into equity interests of APT’s parent entity.
- Represented State Class Tankers II LLC as a borrower in a Secured Term Facility in the aggregate principal amount of $365,000,000.
- Represented Sigma Capital Partners in connection with financing of Convertible Term Loan and Line of Credit to BlackStratus (formerly known as NetForensics).
- Represented a group of investors in connection with forming a special purpose vehicle to operate as an investment vehicle in the financing round of BriefCam, a technology company in the security space. Representation included providing ongoing legal advice during the financing round and drafting and reviewing of the investment documents.
- Represented a mobile hiring community company, in connection with the company’s global restructuring and closing of a Series A investment round.
- Representation included a global restructuring of the company, the negotiation and drafting of various investment documents in connection with the investment round and the conversion of outstanding company debt to Series A Preferred shares of the company.
- Represented Chrysler in the sale of Tritec Motors to Fiat Powertrain.
- Represented Cerberus in the sale of Multimax to Harris Corp.
- Represented owners of financial valuation company, Red Pine Advisors, in sale to Houlihan Lokey.
- Represented Adage Capital in investments in Royalty Pharma, Smart Balance and Cougar BioTechnology.
- Represented regional brand of urgent care centers with respect to private placement fundraising related to opening up additional urgent care centers.
- Represented regional brand of urgent care centers with respect to corporate restructuring by which former affiliates became subsidiaries of holding company parent.
- Represented and advised augmented reality company in connection with all aspects of corporate growth, including fundraising round and implementation of technology at nationally recognized big box retailers.
- Represented group of investors with respect to investment into social video mobile platform.
- Represented a group of investors in connection with investment into rapidly growing mobile platform for social shopping.
- Columbia Law School, J.D., 1994.
- Rutgers College, B.A. Economics, 1991. Highest honors
- Term Sheets: Why Should You Use Them?
- Issuance of American Real-Estate Bonds in the Israeli Stock Market.
- Coming to America.
- Selling the Venture-Backed Company.
- Fiduciary Duties in Connection with the Sale of a Delaware Limited Liability Company.
- The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA).
Board Representation and Community Involvement
- Vice President of the Board for 16872 East 90 Corp., an Upper East Side cooperative.
- Trustee for Synagogue Orach Chaim
- Former Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors for Dor Chadash USA, Inc.